Calumet New Tech Nurse Page
Mrs. Julie Vlamis RN, BSN, is available by phone for any questions or concerns at 219-838-6990 or by email at email@example.com.
General Wellness Daily Screening for Parents
Please contact your buildings health office for the latest information/guidance regarding COVID 19.
2021-22 Immunization Requirements for ALL High School Students
Hepatitis A series is required for school attendance for all high school students. There are 2 shots in this series. IN ADDITION, all seniors must have had their 2nd meningitis shot. NOTE this is another MCV4, not the meningitis B shot which is recommended but not required.
School Immunization Requirements:
- See link below for the 2022-2023 School Year Immunization Requirements
- Always take the current shot record to the doctor appointment.
- Remember if your student will be in sports, they will also need a physical while you are there. See below for form.
- IC 20-34-4 is the reference for the Indiana law requiring students to be fully immunized to attend school. Exemptions are permitted for religious or medical reasons. See below for forms.
2022-2023 School Year Immunization Requirements-Spanish
Immunization Locations & Information
LAKE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
New immunization clinic procedures Effective May 18, 2020 - Contingent Upon Buildings Being Open to the Public. Due to the COVID-19 virus, the Immunization Clinic will be implementing the following new guidelines.
1. Pre-registration will be required for all children.
2. Children will be seen by appointment only. Please call (219) 755-3658.
3. Prior to entering the Clinic, temperatures and any symptoms will be charted.
4. ABSOLUTELY NO WALK-INS WILL BE SEEN.
5. Individuals older than 4 years, including parents, are encouraged to wear a mask while attending the Clinic.
6. The above procedures are subject to change.
GARY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
The Immunization Clinic is committed to quality health service delivery and provides the following services to promote prevention, intervention, and protection.
Children and adults that meet eligibility requirements by Indiana State Department of Health Guidelines:
- Insurance does not cover vaccines
- A current shot record is REQUIRED